STTP!DATAPUBLISHER - Array Dimensions Exceeded Supported Range

Hi,

I’m trying to set up an STTP connection between openPDC and openHistorian on the same machine. I’ve set up the STTP connection as an input on the openHistorian side, with the default settings. I got the PMUs to show up which is a good start.

The connection string: “interface=0.0.0.0; useSourcePrefixNames=false; compression=true; autoConnect=true; securityMode=None; server=127.0.0.1:7165; internal=True; receiveInternalMetadata=True; receiveExternalMetadata=True; outputMeasurements={FILTER ActiveMeasurements WHERE Protocol = ‘STTP’}”

However, I’ve been getting this STTP!DATAPUBLISHER error and having the “client” disconnect and reconnect repeatedly from the command channel.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Hoping for a solution. If there is any more information I can provide, please let me know.

Looks like a protocol versioning issue, trying adding ; version = 1 to the connection string in the openHistorian.

Hi Ritchie! Thank you for the quick reply. I’ve formatted the string like so:

interface=0.0.0.0; useSourcePrefixNames=false; compression=true; autoConnect=true; securityMode=None; server=127.0.0.1:7165; internal=True; receiveInternalMetadata=True; receiveExternalMetadata=True; outputMeasurements={FILTER ActiveMeasurements WHERE Protocol = ‘STTP’}; version = 1

For additional context, here is the device configuration:

Then I reinitialized the input stream on openHistorian, as well as the STTP!DATAPUBLISHER in openPDC custom Action Adapters, but I’m still getting the same errors. I’m using openPDC v2.9.148.0 and openHistorian v2.8.45 if that helps.

In the console screen shot from the first message, that was openPDC, right?

Yes, that was the openPDC console.

Because of the version disparity between openPDC / openHistorian, let’s try this for now:

(1) Change openHistorian protocol to Gateway Exchange Protocol (GEP)
(2) Set the connection string as follows:

interface=0.0.0.0; useSourcePrefixNames=false; compression=true; autoConnect=true; securityMode=None; server=127.0.0.1:6165; internal=True; receiveInternalMetadata=True; receiveExternalMetadata=True; outputMeasurements={FILTER ActiveMeasurements WHERE True}

FYI - lot’s of ongoing changes to STTP as it’s becoming an IEEE standard: IEEE SA - P2664

GEP is its very stable, older brother.

1 Like

Understood. Implemented the changes as you suggested and everything appears to be working. Thank you for your help!