OpenPDC 2.8.218.0 : issue with Output > Concentrator output stream in manager

Hello all,

I’ve upgraded my version of OpenPDC from 2.8.196 to 2.8.218 and found the following issue with OpenPDC manager when trying to go to the Outputs > Concentrator output streams menu.

Load OutputStream Exception : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
By clicking on ‘OK’, the manager do not show any off the two output streams that were present in the previous version 2.8.196. Only the ‘Connection String’ field id pre-filled with ‘addPhaseLabelSuffix=false; replaceWithSpaceChar=_

However the output stream seems to work properly since the data is sent to the remote OpenPDC. However, I can no longer interact with because they no longer appear in the interface.

Another point that I managed to resolve, but could be blocking for other users of OpenPDC :
As I was trying to install version 2.8.218 on Windows 2016 (with an administrator account), the openPDCSetup.msi file refused to install without any error message pop-up. In the EventViewer I found the following error :
Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: This app can’t be activated by the Built-in Administrator. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

In the gpedit/secpol msc component of my server, the User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account is ‘Enabled’ ; and the UAC option for my account was set on ‘Never notify’ (which mean ‘allow all’). I had to put this last option to ‘Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer’ in order Windows to ask me I confirm that I really want to install the OpenPDC App when then trying to launch the openPDC.msi. With the previous version of openPDC.msi installer I didn’t have to use this workaround to make OpenPDC installing properly.
Maybe a compilation option in making the .msi have changed ?

Regards

Was this the nightly build? I just pushed a “ton” of code related to the IEEE C37.118-2011 configuration 3 frame that may not be fully tested…

Replicated - you get the bug bounty award:
:fireworks: :tada: :sparkler:

Happy that you can replicate the issues.
Hope this will help to improve the product.

Regards