OpenHistorian - OPC UA input

Hello there,

Brand new here from a ‘grid user’ side of things : I work in the renewable field and I’m looking to using OpenHistorian in our existing architecture. The Modbus input configuration works well (I’m still in the early stages of getting it to work), but I’m wondering if you’re looking into other industrial protocols, such as OPC UA ? Is there an input out there in the works ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards,

KB

We started work on some OPC UA adapters, but it was never completed as we haven’t had any demand for it. The work to date is here:

Thanks,
Ritchie

I’ve written OPC UA Adapter recently. Available here:

Regards,
Tom

2 Likes

Wow Tom!

Nice work! I’ll check it out!

Ritchie

Howto compile project from Github is not (yet) very clear to me.
What to do with the csproj files ? Do i need Visual studio installed ? And what version?

Sorry for this questions but iám newby on github.

Yes, you would need to compile with Visual Studio. There is a free version you can download here:

So i installed VS2019
Add extra dir with the GSF dll, compiling goes a little better
There is need for OPCUA adapter, but wich version to use ?
This version is mentioned in the code
https://www.nuget.org/packages/OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Client.ComplexTypes.Symbols/1.4.362.42 ???

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘MonitoredItemNotificationEventArgs’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 198 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Opc’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 6 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Opc’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 7 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Opc’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 8 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘ConfiguredEndpoint’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 22 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘ApplicationConfiguration’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 23 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Session’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 24 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘SessionReconnectHandler’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 26 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Subscription’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 27 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘CertificateValidator’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 118 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘CertificateValidationEventArgs’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 118 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘Session’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 134 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘KeepAliveEventArgs’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 134 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘ReferenceDescriptionCollection’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 174 N/A
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name ‘MonitoredItem’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OPCUA Adapter C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\OpenHistorian-OPC-UA-Adapter\OPCUAAdapter\OPCUAAdapter.cs 198 N/A

I’m hoping @tom can weigh in here since he wrote that code - but it looks like your reference to OPC is not setup correctly - I would start here:

https://www.opcconnect.com/dotnet.php

Thanks,
Ritchie

What you need is OPC-UA Nuget package installed. Since packages.config file already exists and should have references to OPC-UA, all you most likely need is to restore packages.

Following the image I attached below, in Solution Explorer of Visual Studio, right click on the solution and you’ll get a menu. Click on “Restore NuGet Packages”.

If that doesn’t work, then you may have to install OPCUA Nuget package by clicking on “Manage NuGet Packages for Solution…” in the same menu. Then search for opc.ua (version highlighted).

One of these solutions should solve the reference issue.