Migrating .D files to OSI-PI

We are looking at switching from archiving synchrophasor data in .D files to setting up a OSI-PI archive.

For our end users ease of access, we are exploring the idea of whether there are any methods to also transition our years of historical data from .D files to PI. Do you have any products that are capable of this?

Thanks,
Steven

We have code to transition from the original .D files in openPDC to the openHistorian, i.e., .D2 files.

If you install openHistorian you can run the Archive Upgrade Utility to do this.

If you want to migrate to OSI-PI instead, you could modify this open-source tool to do this.

Thanks!
Ritchie

Another option might be to setup a temporary instance of openPDC configured to send data to PI and that subscribes to the original openPDC with its local archive, though an internal GEP subscription, then change the local subscription to be historical - i.e., define a start and stop time for the subscription - this would then query all past data and send it to PI. If you want to pursue this option, let me know, I’ll try to give you more detailed instructions…

Thanks,
Ritchie

Thanks for the prompt replies Ritchie!
We’ll consider both options and I’ll reach out if more information is needed for the second.

Best regards,
Steven