How to Build the openHistorian Project

Hello All,
As i have downloaded Source Code of openHistorian-Master and I need to build the project is there any procedure to build the Project as i need to debug the openHistorian Manager Application. Also should i build GSF Projects also??

Here are the steps for debugging openHistorian Manager code.

1. Open the GridSolutionsFramework.sln solution in Visual Studio.
  2. Select the Debug|Any CPU solution configuration.
  3. In the toolbar, go to Build > Build Solution.
  4. Copy all dll’s from ...\GSF\Build\Output\Debug\Libraries to ...\openHistorian\Source\Dependencies\GSF.
  5. Open the openHistorian.sln solution in Visual Studio.
  6. Select the Debug|Any CPU solution configuration.
  7. In the toolbar, go to Build > Build Solution.
  8. Navigate to ...\openHistorian\Build\Output\Debug\Applications\openHistorian and launch ConfigurationSetupUtility.exe to set up the database for your debug instance.
  9. At the last step, I recommend unchecking the boxes that automatically launch openHistorian and openHistorian Manager before clicking the Finish button.
  10. Go back to Visual Studio, select the openHistorianManager project as the startup project, and then start debugging.
  11. If you need to set a breakpoint in GSF code, open the source file by navigating to File > Open > File... and selecting the file from the GSF source code repo.
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Using the openHistorian automated build scripts