Error: Connection attempt failed: The given key was not present in the dictionary

Hello,

I have been struggling to get openPDC to work with a lab PMU test setup. The device is a Siemens Siprotec 5, configured as PMU, and works properly; in fact the PMU Connection Tester establishes a connection correctly, and the traffic is also visible with Wireshark.

After setting up openPDC with minimal changes to the default settings, using an SQLLite DB, I can configure the input device correctly; openPDC even interprets the UDP Config frame correctly, setting up the phasor information accordingly. The configuration is shown in picture 2:

PMU Configuration

However one the configuration is saved , the connection is repeatedy attempted and failed, with the following message:

[PMUX] Attempting connection…
[PMUX] Connection attempt failed: The given key was not present in the dictionary
[PMUX] Data channel user unhandled exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary

Noteworthy points:

• The device is enabled
  • The firewall has been disabled
  • PMU Connection Tester is not running in the background
  • I have more screenshots that I can not upload due to being a new user. I can provide mor details if needed.

What could be causing this issue? Any help would be much appreciated. I have little experience with the software so please bear with me on this one.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

Try the nightly build:
https://www.gridprotectionalliance.org/nightlybuilds/openPDC/Beta/Synchrophasor.Installs.zip

Dear Ritchie,

thanks a lot for the quick response. I will test it throughout this week and get back to you with the results.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

Hello again Ritchie,

the version you suggested is installed and working properly. Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards,
Gonzalo