Data Missing while Converting from IEC to IEEE

Hi Ritchie,
While converting data from IEC to IEEE in openPDC there is a data loss every 24th sample. Could you please help me figure out the reason for the same?
I am attaching the architecture of my data transaction below for your perusal

I am guessing since the drop is consistent, this is not a UDP issue. More likely a mathematical issue with how the timestamp is being calculated, specifically related to the base time value and the target frame rate.

This will be in the CommonFrameHeader constructor in the IEC protocol.

Ritchie

Also - why is openPDC in the middle here? I missed that you are using IEEE C37.118 between openPDC and openHistorian - I was assuming GEP/STTP from openPDC to openHistorian (which would be more reliable).

See the related response:

Thanks,
Ritchie

Hi Ritchie,
Thanks for your feedback. In our case we are trying to convert IEC61850 packets into IEEE C37.118 which is not possible in openHistorian I guess. Thus we are converting it in openPDC and then sending ti openHistorian.
Thanks,
Dattatreya

Just add the following line to the Menu.xml file in openHistorian:

<MenuDataItem Icon="" MenuText="_Concentrator Output Streams" Description="Manage Output Streams" Roles="*" UserControlAssembly="GSF.PhasorProtocols.UI.WPF.dll" UserControlPath="GSF.PhasorProtocols.UI.UserControls.OutputStreamUserControl" />

Concentrated output streams are not openHistorian’s primary function - so this is not turned on by default. Adding that line will allow you to configure an IEEE C37.118 output in openHistorian.

Thanks,
Ritchie