Change PMU settings via openPDC

Hello,
how can i cahnge the configuration of the PMU via openPDC manager? I am trying to change the frames per second or even the time zone but it seems like the save button is inactive.

Thanks!

BR,
Eva

Hello Eva,

I believe the Save button should only be disabled if there is a validation error on the page. Can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks,
Stephen

Hello Stephen,
here is my screenshot. It seems that there is some problem with longitude and latitude. But the PMU streams data without problem.

Thanks,
Eva

It shouldn’t cause any problems if you simply enter 0 for longitude and latitude.

thanks a lot :slight_smile: I have tried to insert the right values with “.” or “,” but both didn’t work.

Now it’s fine!

BR,
Eva

Hello Stephen,

well, when I insert 0 the error is gone as you said. But how can I insert the right latitude and longitude value? I tried comma, dot, space, N, E but nothing is accepted…I suppose this feature is necessary for the DSOs e.g. when they have multiple PMUs installed in various positions in the grid.

Thanks,
Eva

The validation in the numeric text boxes is a little buggy. In an attempt to prevent invalid characters from being entered, the code was written so that any text you enter into the text box will automatically be converted to a number, and then the number is used to repopulate the text box. This causes the number to be reformatted, so that leading zeros before the decimal and trailing zeros after the decimal get stripped. This also removes the decimal if there are no significant digits after it.

The workaround is pretty simple, though. Let’s say your latitude is 34.898064. First, enter 34898064 into the text box, then insert the decimal in the appropriate spot.