AlarmPanelState plugin in Grafana seems not to work

Hello,
I’m trying to make a dashboard in Grafana (v. 7.5.0) to monitor my PMUs alarms state ; and want to use the ‘OpenHistorian AlarmPanelState’ without success for the moment.
I have add the ALARMPANELSTATE adapter in the OpenHistorian Manager (v. 2.8.16.0) with the following Connection String :
TargetParentDevices=True; FramesPerSecond=50; AlarmMinutes=1
This one is in the ‘enabled’ status and I have no error in the Console when I initialize it. I can see the message ‘[ALARMPANELSTATE] Updating device alarm states’ in it every 15 sec.

In Grafana, I’ve made a panel using the AlarmPanelState plugin configured with the following parameters :

• DataSource : OHSTAT
  • No query
    and the following configuration:

The ‘graph’ stay black : no colored squared are shown.

I’ve also tried to fill the panel link Address parameter with the URL of my OpenHistorian server and the port 8280 as it mentioned in the plugin documentation : * http://192.168.0.1:8280/ but that does not work either.

Any help would be appreciate,

Thanks,
Regards

Edit : I’ve made some tests with PortQry to check if the 8280 port is listening on the server side and it seems not to be the case. I then tried with 8180 and 8185 but without success either.

Hi Korunekosama,

The panel is not changing color because it is not updating. The problem is Grafana only updates the Panels if they contain a query, because we are using Grafana’s update cycle to grab the status of the PMUs from the openPDC/openHistorian, you will have to add the query for (at least) one signal to the panel. It doesn’t actually matter what signal.

Regarding the Panel link Address Parameter, this setting is not related to getting the PMU status. The link from this setting is used to redirect the user to the Device Status Page of the PMU when they click on the corresponding PMU in the status panel. If either don’t care about that functionality or just want the user to get to the Device status Page of the openHistorian, you can leave it as “…”. If you need to direct your user to the Device status page of a different Instance (e.g. a PDC) you would need to enter that URL.

I hope this helps sort out the issues.
Thanks,

Hi !
Thank you for replying.
I don’t need the link to the PMU status page so far, so I’m not going to cover this point at the moment. I just want to display the PMU status in graphical form as described on the plugin page.
I added a query as shown (FILTER ActiveMeasurements WHERE SignalType LIKE ‘% STAT%’) but nothing is displayed in the panel.
It remains entirely black: the different squares corresponding to the PMUs are not displayed at all.
to illustrate, I’d like to have something like this :

But I have that :

Don’t know what could be the cause … Maybe the Grafana version (7.5.0) ?

I am trying to be able to easily visualize in Grafana the state of my PMUs in real time; as well as in the past; over more or less extended time ranges (some PMUs are capricious and I would like to be able to identify the most problematic according to the time periods). I do have the openHistorian reports in PDF (completeness and correctness) but they do not specify the precise ranges of unavailability and above all are not accessible in Grafana). So far I have only succeeded in an indirect way by displaying the vertical bars of alarms on the locked V + or the frequency drops; but all the alarms of all the PMUs are displayed at the same time on the same graph without it being possible to differentiate them without hovering the mouse over them to display the raised and cleared tooltips one by one.
I also tried to display the values ​​’1’ and ‘0’ of these alarms in graphs by differentiating the PMUs (requested Interval(0,FILTER ActiveMeasurements WHERE PointTag LIKE ‘%AL-CRITICAL:%’ and PointTag like ‘%_UPPER%’ and PointTag like ‘%PMU1%’)); but the result is not completely satisfactory because this data does not seem to be recorded in the form of continuous timeseries in the database . I think they are stored as flags which switch from one state to another when it changes. In fact their display in the graph depends on the selected range.

In this sense, the Phasor alarm panel met my needs rather well (although I am not sure that it allows to visualize the state of PMUs in the past or its evolution over a given time range).