After 10 seconds I lost the connection over TCP

Hello and happy new year to all of you,

I would ask you about an error that I have with a TCP connection,

When I attempt to connect my PMU to connection tester it take 10 seconds exactly to recibe the configuration stream. Once the pmu is connected I receive the following message: Connected to device “ID 727 using IEEE C37.118-2005 over Tcp” at 1/5/2017 4:41:31 PM using IEEE C37.118-2005

After 10 seconds I receive the following message: Device connection error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.19.35:4712

I want to understand (and solve) why if I recieved the data stream from my PMU over TCP, after 10 seconds I receive the message: Device connection error:

PD: When I use a Mixed connection I recieve the data stream normally.

Could you help me trying to understand and solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Two things:

1. Looks like you may have an alternate command channel defined while using a primary TCP connection?
  2. You are using a “very” old PMU Connection Tester, consider installing a new one?

Thanks,
Ritchie

Also - to reduce wait time, try changing the “SkipDisableRealTimeData” setting to true under the “Connection Settings” section of the “Settings” tab.

Thanks,
Ritchie