Streaming PMU Data in real Time

Hello Sir,

I am new in openPDC. My objective is to streaming PMU data in real time. For this I have installed PMU connection tester and openPDC. I used SQL Server as database server. During the installation of openPDC,“ADO: archives measurements to any ADO data source” is selected to store the measurements. Then I configured the PMU connection tester as below picture and I got the output as the attached picture.

Then I configured the openPDC as below:

In the openPDC Manager, under Outputs > Historians Instances…

Acronym: PPA
Name: Primary Phasor Archive
Type Name: AdoAdapters.AdoOutputAdapter
Assembly Name: AdoAdapters.dll
Connection String: BulkInsertLimit=500; DataProviderString={AssemblyName={System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089}; ConnectionType=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection; AdapterType=System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter}; DbConnectionString={Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; Initial Catalog=openPDC; Integrated Security=SSPI}; TableName=TimeSeriesMeasurement; IDFieldName=SignalID; TimestampFieldName=Timestamp; ValueFieldName=Value

and then configured the input device using connection file and configuration file from PMU connection tester as it was not taking the configuration file using “Request configuration”.

Finally, I checked the graph measurement to see the status of PMU devices and found that PMU device is not working in openPDC. However, PMU device was running in the simulation.

Hence, I seek for your kind guideline to get the PMU devices in working status in openPDC ?

Thanks
MD Kamruzzaman

Hi,
Do you have PMU installed physically somewhere? Is it connected to the network where your client PC is?
Hasala

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind response.

Yes, PMU devices is physically installed with RTDS and is connected through network with the client PC and though the PMU device is running, the graph measurements of PMU shows like the following picture:

In that case what should I do?

Any kind of suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks
MD Kamruzzaman

• I don’t understand the PMU Connection Tester screenshot you provided. Are you using TCP, UDP, or Serial to connect to the PMU?
  • When you were setting up the input device in openPDC, did you disconnect the PMU Connection Tester before attempting to request configuration from the PMU?
  • Did you receive any error messages when the configuration request failed?
  • Now that openPDC is presumably attempting to connect to the device, is the PMU Connection Tester still running?
  • Are there any error messages in the ErrorLog.txt file located in the directory where you installed the openPDC?

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your kind response.
• I am using TCP to connect the PMU Connection Tester to the PMU.
• At the time of setting up the input device in openPDC, I did not disconnect the PMU Connection Tester before attempting to request configuration from the PMU.
• I got the following error message when the configuration request failed:

• The PMU Connection Tester is running all the time.
• In the ErrorLog.txt file, I got the following error:

Exception Source : GSF.ServiceProcess
Exception Type : System.Security.SecurityException
Exception Message : Failed to authenticate ‘openPDCManager’ - thread principal
identity was ‘UNR\mkamruzzaman’
Exception Target Site: RemotingServer_ReceiveClientDataComplete

Thanks
MD Kamruzzaman

It looks like the system failed to authenticate your Windows credentials. Is your computer attached to the domain? Maybe you should consider running the Configuration Setup Utility again and switching to a database user for your admin account.