Missing data channels when mapping input data


#1

Hi all,

I have met some problem when setting the input mappings on the openECA client chrome page. I planned to include 192 measurements into the input objective. However, there are only 182 measurements appeared when I was trying to map them.

All 192 measurements have shown up on the openECA manager -> Metadata -> Measurements as shown in the following figure.

And the monitor is showing that all the 192 data channels are actively functioning.

However, when I was trying to map the data channels to the input objective on the client, there seemed that the channels from 183 to 192 were missing as shown in the following figure.

I will really appreciate it if you could give me some instructions about why this is happening and if there should be a way to fix it.

Thanks,
Chen


#2

Are the measurements enabled? They will not appear in the list if they are not enabled.


#3

Hi Ritchie,

I just checked and they are enabled.

Thanks,
Chen


#4

Are they also associated with a device?


#5

Hi Ritchie,

Yes, I think they are associated with the Test Device because I used the configuration Utility tool and the sampledataset script to reconfigure the openECA with the defined measurements. I can also find them under the folder of Test Device in the monitor.

Thanks,
Chen


#6

Maybe they are just sorted funny? If you keep scrolling down do you finally see them?


#7

Hi Ritchie,

That was my thought too :smile:. I did do that but still they didn’t show up. I also tried to search for them using Ctrl + F, which also doesn’t work.

I will try to configure the measurement again and see if there should be some progress.

Thanks,
Chen


#8

Hi Ritchie,

I have tried to re-configure the openECA. But the 183th to 192nd measurements are still not showing up.

I am thinking that the latest version of the openECA might help. I was wondering if there is a way that I can update the openECA software without losing the input mapping settings on the client chrome page. So that I will not need to manually create those mappings again.

Thanks,
Chen


#9

Hi Chen,

Your input mappings are stored in your user profile so you will not lose them when you upgrade the software. That said, the location of the mappings may have changed between versions, so if you do find that your mappings have disappeared after the upgrade, we should be able to work with you to recover them.

Thanks,
Stephen


#10

Hi Stephen,

That is great! Thanks for the instruction!

I will try to upgrade the software and see if the new version will include all the measurements.

Thanks,
Chen


#11

Hi Ritchie and Stephen,

I have upgraded the openECA software to the most recent nightly build version. Unfortunately, the measurements 183th to 192nd still don’t show up.

I have checked the measurements on the openECA manager and all of them are enabled. I was wondering if there are other settings to which I should pay attention that might interfere the test device measurements list with the input mapping on the client page?

Thanks,
Chen


#12

Maybe at this point we need to get a copy of your database configuration so we can test locally. Want to send an e-mail so we can discuss options?

Thanks,
Ritchie


#13

Hi Ritchie,

Thanks a lot! I will send you an email to discuss about it.

Bets,
Chen


#14

Hi Ritchie and Stephen,

Billy helped me to solve the problem today.

The problem is in the process of configuration. In the MySQL script, the PhasorSourceIndex in the Measurements did not match the SourceIndex of the phasors I set. So some of the phasors indicated in the generated C# application did not exist in the database. Thus, the client cannot find them and show them in the input mapping stage.

Reminded by Billy, I updated the PhasorSourceIndex in the Measurements table in the MySQL database and all the 192 channels do show up during input mapping as shown in the following figure.

Thank you very much for the help!

Best,
Chen