D2i to d2 files conversion time

Hi,

How long does it take for d2i files to convert into d2 files in the archiving process of the data from the PMU?? as for me it’s taking a lot of time for this conversion and process and further I have a problem with the conversion of this file into CSV as when I am uploading this file on the web UI interface (localhost:8180) the measurements are not showing up in the load section after uploading the d2 file from the directory. Any direction in this matter would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dhiraj

These are simply staging files, i.e., a temporary holding space until enough data has been collected to make a final .d2 file. There are actually several stages of files, including a stage zero which is in memory.

Importantly, the data can be in any stage, including in-memory, and still be queryable. The data does not have to be in a .D2 before it can be exported to CSV.

Thanks,
Ritchie

Hi Ritchie,

Thanks for the reply. The problem that I am facing is that when I am loading this d2 file or in-memory files in the UI interface of openHistorian for exporting the data into csv file the load section does not show or load any of the measurements that were stored by the PMU. I want to know what are the specific steps one needs to take for converting the already archived data (d2 or d2i ) from the PMU which is not connected or is offline. Because when my PMU is connected then I am able to convert the data into CSV files easily but for the already archived data that was day before or before the connection of online PMU I am not able to convert. Hope this explains my specific query regarding the conversion of data.

Regards,
Dhiraj

Perhaps your clock on your PMU is off and you are specifying to the wrong time range?

Look at the timestamp in the file name of some of the .D2 files, this should provide a range for the available time.

I would use the graphing tab to find and visualize my data points then switch to the export tab, which maintains the same time range selection, then export the data.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Ritchie

Hi Ritchie,

I have checked but the clock on my PMU is on and I have specified the correct time range for trending the data. I am attaching a few screenshots so you can go through them to see what’s the issue in way of doing things.

Here I am trending the frequency measurement from the PMU see I am able to trend the data that has been today (i.e 2/16) as the pmu is connected to the openHistorian now but I am not able to see the data for the dates between 2/7 to 2/8 which are archived as I have shown by the last screenshot the time range is mention in d2 file.

Regards,
Dhiraj

It’s been a couple days since you took those screenshots. Are you still able to view data from 2/16, or does it always show you just the last few hours?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah for the data after 2/16 I am able to view it in the historian trending tool as the PMU is still connected and measurements are being done but not for previous dates. Until the PMU is connected I am able to view the data in trending tool but after the disconnection of PMU I am not able to trend the archived data which is there for the past dates.

So basically doubt that I have is if PMU is disconnected can we view the previous data that has been archived because for connected PMU the data from the time of connection till the PMU stays connected I am able to view the data.

Regards,
Dhiraj

Did you re-add the device to the system? If you remove and re-add the device it looks like a new set of measurement IDs to the system, essentially losing the old data. The points are still there in the .D2 files but no metadata will be referencing them.

Yes, I re-added the device. I think I got the mistake I was making anyway thanks for the support.

Regards,
Dhiraj