Alarm panel in Grafana

Hello!
Topic is about that I want to see in Grafana alarms when some of PMUs haven’t incoming data.

So, I checked in OH manager (v2.8.157.0) that I have related Actions already enabled - ALARMPANELSTATE, ALARM!SERVICES.
Than in Grafana (v7.3.4) I created new panel, choosed Alarm plugin (which shows as Unsigned. Does it somehow bothers me?). In attributes choosed one element. As a result panel is red, gives query error - 500 Internal server error.

How can I get such alarms in Grafana?

For this panel to work, you need to enable the associated action adapter that will monitor devices.

1. Run the openHistorian Manager application (the UI application, not the web app)
  2. Open the menu item “Actions > Manage Custom Actions”
  3. Click the “>>” button on the bottom right to go to the last page of adapters
  4. Click the “(+) Add New” button
  5. Enter DEVICEMONITOR into the “Name” field
  6. Select the “Device Alarm State” from the “Type” drop down
  7. Set the TargetParentDevice parameter in the “Connection String” list to False
  8. Check the “Enabled” check box
  9. Click the “Save” button
  10. Select the “DEVICEMONITOR” record from the adapter list at the bottom of the screen
  11. Click the “Initialize” button

Thank you for instructions.
Now I see all connected PMU’s in Alarm view. But I’m not sure how that overview should look.
All those blocks are red (briefly they were orange). If I choose OHSTAT query type, than still there is that 500 Internal error. With OHDATA type there isn’t such error.
And what should open when clicking on those blocks? For me web app redirects to OH home page, because it could not resolve template DeviceStatus.cshtml.

Hi Andish,
I am a new user for Grafana and OpenHistorian. Would you please describe the process to capture different alarms related to data (such as freq > some number) and also the PMU names on the panel. It will be really appreciated.

Hi!
I won’t be able to tell you exactly how to do that. I was just trying to make some simple examples, to see does and how it works. But you can play with adapter configuration for your scenarios.
PMU names I think it gets automatically from OH.