UDP Streaming with a router in the middle

Hi,

How i can streaming in a UDP with a router in the middle, without using a VPN, only portforwarding between local, remote router, microPMU and PC. I used a VPN to connect LAN-LAN and use ipadress to connect directly microPMU to PC. But now i want to not use a VPN.

I am using NAT configuration to access microPMU on HTTP. But how datastreaming UDP? In microPMU which is the best “spot” to send data, router 1 or router 2?

I tried both, but the commands of configuration frame from microPMU to PC had destination unreachable. This happen because microPMU try to send package to a router and not to PC. PC is listenning on a port of router 1 or 2.

I don’t know if i explain well. Try with this.

Best Regards,
Aleixo

Hi Aleixo,

• The microPMU should be configured to send data to router 2’s WAN address.
  • Router 2 needs a NAT rule to forward data on UDP 4713 to the PC.
  • The PC should be configured to send data to router 1’s WAN address.
  • Router 1 needs a NAT rule to forward data on UDP 4713 to the microPMU.

Some of this configuration could potentially be simplified if the microPMU could stream unsolicited data and/or if it could send data using the same local endpoint as is used to receive commands. Unfortunately, I don’t think the microPMU can do either of those things.

Thanks,
Stephen

1 Like

Thank you very much your answer Stephen.

With that kind of configuration, what could be configuration of PMU Connection tester?

• UDP: Check
  • Local port: ?
  • Enable Multicast/Remote Udp: Check
  • Multicast Source: ?
  • Host IP: ?
  • Remote port: ?

Configuration alternate command channel?

I ask this because when i have a IP adress of PC or mPMU is easy to understand IP Host, but in this case i think we have a PC listen on Router2 but send command to Router1. I can not understand how receive in a specific location and transmit to other location.

Thank you for your attention to this

• UDP: Check
  • Local port: 4713
  • Enable Multicast/Remote Udp: Check
  • Multicast Source: Use Any Source
  • Host IP: 179.13.20.1
  • Remote port: 4713
1 Like