Playing the archive files in openPDC

Hi,

I have the archive files *.d and the associated database file ppa_dbase.dat2 and I want to play the archive files in openPDC. Could you please point me to any documentation or tutorial that can help in playing back the data in openPDC. MySql was used as database management system to archive the data.

Thank you.

Regards
Saugat

This thread discusses a similar operation for replaying historical data:

A variation of this setup could provide what you are looking for.

What are you trying to accomplish? Data playback for the purposes of testing a calculation?

Thanks,
Ritchie

Thank you Ritchie for your response.

I am trying to play back data archived in another openPDC to openPDC in new server. Now I have the database file (.sql) and archive files (.d). I want to use custom action adapters written for openPDC with this data. I converted *.d files to *.d2 files using Archive Upgrade Utility. I went through the discussion you mentioned and also through

to load data in openHistorian and play it in openPDC, but I have been getting following errors in openHistorian Console and openPDC console. Could you please help me with this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Saugat

Looks like there are some encrypted settings in your configuration file that the system cannot load.

Open your openHistorian.exe.config file in a text editor and search for settings where encrypted="true". You will need to either properly re-encrypt these settings with the ConfigCrypter.exe tool or set the value to its unencrypted value and change the encrypted setting to false. Unfortunately I will not be able to help you decrypt data since these encryption keys are saved and encrypted local to a machine.

Note that to save updates to this file your text editor will need to be run with elevated administrative permissions.

Thanks,
Ritchie

So does this mean I will have to ask the data provider for decrypting the file or is there a way for me to decrypt it on my machine? Also, could you please point me to any documentation on ConfigCrypter, I could not find any information on how to use it.

Thanks,
Saugat

It looks to me like the encrypted settings should be in the app configuration for openHistorian Console in this case. You might instead have to look for a file at %appdata%\Grid Protection Alliance\openHistorianConsole\Settings.xml. If the settings are encrypted, they are unrecoverable, but you can safely delete that file and reenter your credentials the next time you run the app.

As for the non-negative number, I can’t tell from the error message what could be causing that. Can you find an entry in your ErrorLog.txt file with the same error message?