Grafana alert feature is not working and throwing the error message “The data source does not support alerting queries”

Ok thanks. Let me check

Thanks Stephen,
Its working fine now.
Also printing actual measurement value as part of email body using {y}, is not working. I believe it has been implemented couple of days before. Please confirm.
Because I can not use latest version as of now.

Yes, the feature Ritchie implemented to display measurement values in the body of the email was added to version 2.7.219, which was built around 30 minutes after midnight (US Eastern Time) on June 17.

Hi Stephen,

I configured alarm with below configuration.

If FREQ > 50 then raise alarm.

Email is configured below manner:

From=abc@Test.com.au; SmtpServer=Test; Subject=OpenHistorian Alarm; Body={The value of x is: {x}.}; ToRecipients=abc@Test.com.au; VariableList={x=STAT:20371; y=PPA:20274}; ExpressionText=x > 0; FramesPerSecond=30; LagTime=5; UseLatestValues=False; SentinelValue=-1.0

Actual output:
When FREQ become 50.1, alarm was raised one time and received one email and FREQ was above 50 for another 2 mins, but I received 1 email at the first time.

Can you please clarify.
How will Alarm notification engine work? will it keep notify or will do at fist time ?
again going back to below 50 then again come back to above 50 then will It raise?

Logu

Hi Logu,

When the alarm adapter starts, all alarms assume the Cleared state.

The Operation, Alarm Point, and Delay define the conditions under which the alarm will enter the Raised state. Using your alarm as an example, and assuming your Delay is unset, the alarm will enter the Raised state the moment the frequency reaches a value above 50.05.

Once the value is in the Raised state, the Operation, Alarm Point, and Hysteresis define the conditions under which the alarm will enter the Cleared state. Again using your alarm as an example, the alarm will enter the Cleared state the moment the frequency reaches a value at or below 45.05.

Alarm measurements signal state changes in the alarms. When an alarm enters the Raised state, the system generates an alarm measurement with a value of 1. Conversely, when an alarm enters the Cleared state, the system generates an alarm measurement with a value of 0.

Since alarm measurements are only generated when alarm state changes, it’s easier to control when emails get sent out if we use alarm measurements. In your case, we used the condition x > 0, which evaluates to true when the alarm measurement enters the Raised state.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

As per your reply, my configuration is correct. Please see the below outcome

I have configured alarm with below configuration

If FREQ > 50 then raise alarm.

Email is configured below manner:

From=abc@Test.com.au; SmtpServer=Test; Subject=OpenHistorian Alarm; Body={The value of x is: {x}.}; ToRecipients=abc@Test.com.au; VariableList={x=STAT:20371; y=PPA:20274}; ExpressionText=x > 0; FramesPerSecond=30; LagTime=5; UseLatestValues=False; SentinelValue=-1.0

2:50 PM I started openHistorian service

2:51 PM frequency value raised to > 50 then alarm was raised, and I received 1 email

Until 2:52 PM frequency value was > 50 and I did not get any email and alarm was not raised.

Again, Frequency went to below 50 and it was until 2:58 PM, but I did not receive any email and no alarm was raised.

Again, Frequency went down below 50 at 3:00 PM

Again, Frequency was raised above 50 after 3:01 PM, but no email received, and no alarm was raised.

So far, I received only one alarm and email.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks & Regards
Logu

Did you set the alarm’s hysteresis to zero?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your clarification. After setting to zero, its working as expected.
I’m doing some more testing and will get back to you.

thanks & Regards
Logu

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your patience and sending response.

Do we have any document about each feature of openHistorian like functions and purpose of each parameters?

E.g.
Specifically, alarm and email configuration, I could not find any documents apart from you guys support.

Thanks & Regards
Logu

For alarms, there’s an old presentation that does a good job explaining all the little details.

For emails, I think your best bet would be to search for docs about the dynamic calculator instead. The email notifier is basically just a special case of the dynamic calculator. Here’s another old presentation on that.