GAP Filling Automatically

Hi Stephen,

Could you suggest to me, is there any option to GAP Filling Automatically using openPDC without any server request for GAP filling?

Please share with me the procedure to achieve the same.

Regards,
Anil Yeduvanshi

Hi Anil,

I have no idea what you mean. What is a “server request”? And how do you suppose that gap filling would work without one?

Thanks,
Stephen

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Actually, I have installed openPDC at the substation and the data is going to the SCADA Server(Control Centre). But sometime there may be a situation when the Connectivity lost from openPDC to Server. But after the reestablishment of the Connection, the Lost DATA( occurs due to connection lost) should be sent to the Control Centre with any configuration done from SERVER SIDE or without any DATA GAP Request sent by the server.

Do you have any idea regarding the same? If there is any procedure to send the Lost data (openPDC itself judge which data is not sent from PDC) please share the procedure with me.

Because the customer is saying another PDC is doing the same (sending the lost data to the control center without sending the request from server for lost data) but your PDC is not.

Regards,
Anil Yeduvanshi

The openPDC requires the data subscriber to issue a request for missing data in order to achieve gap filling. The functionality you describe could potentially be added through custom adapter development.

1 Like