I am trying to connect OpenPDC with my testbed setup where I am using RTDS for power simulation and RTAC as an substation gateway receiving data from RTDS and streaming it to OpenPDC.
RTDS → RTAC → OpenPDC
Although I can see the data is being streamed fine. I checked with creating a fault in RTDS and seeing the impact on real time graph measurement fluctuation in OpenPDC. But my concern is the testpmu device is showing yellow in OpenPDC. Why is that? does it means it is not working properly. I have attached two images. First one is showing the device dasdboard and the second one is showing the testpmu configuration.
Generally just means the time or data quality bits in the incoming data stream have been set.
Here’s what all the colors mean on that screen:
- Measurement text:
- Gray means the data stream is disconnected (based on statistics) or the Manager has received no relevant data to determine the state of the device’s connectivity.
- Green text means the status flags look good and the timestamp looks good.
- Red text typically means that the timestamp is outside the lag/lead time as defined by the Display Settings.
- Could also mean that the status flags indicate that either the data or the timestamp is bad.
- The way to determine what it actually means would be to inspect the timestamp (via mouseover text) and the status flags (by decoding the hex value).
- Device bubble:
- Gray means that the Manager has received no relevant data or statistics to determine the state of the device.
- Green means the device is connected and all measurements are green.
- Yellow typically means it has at least one measurement with red text (bad data).
- Could also mean the device reported errors (via statistics based on status flags).
- The way to determine what it actually means would be to inspect the measurements and statistics.
- Red means the data stream is disconnected (according to statistics).
- Stream bubble:
- Gray means that the Manager has received no relevant data or statistics to determine the state of the data stream.
- Green means at least one of the child devices of the stream is also green.
- Yellow means all of the child devices of the stream are yellow.
- Red means the stream is disconnected (according to statistics).