C37.118-2011 : unable to import XML Config File from PMU connection tester

Hello,
I have two servers both running OpenPDC 2.9.8.0.
Server A is sending 12 PMUs data to server B through a concentrator output stream (configured with the new IEEE C37.118-2011 option added in 2.9 version of OpenPDC).
Server B is received the 12 PMU data on a Concentrator device and 12 related devices.
This configuration has been made before upgrading to the 2.9.8 version, when only C37.118-2005 version of the protocol was available in the list for the output stream ; and it still working after changing it to -2011 version.

I recently added a 13rd PMU to Server A, then added it in the list of devices of the output concentrator stream. I then saved and initialized the output stream, expecting this new device to be automatically detected and added in Server B ; but it was not the case (even after ‘initialize’ the concentratror device on server B).

I then try to test the stream with PMU connection tester on server B (configured with C37.118-2011 protocol) and it works fine : I can see this 13rd PMU in the list and the phasors data related to it. I then create the .xml connection and config files in order to import them in the Server B OpenPDC ; using the Input Device Wizard. On step 1 I can specify the connection file and the C37.118-2011 protocol ; then going to the step 2. When I specify the Configuration File, I have the following error :
image

This error is still poping when I choose C37.118-2005 in the step 1 of the process.
Using the two .xml files in PMU connection tester (with the ‘File > Connection > Load’ and ‘File > Config File > Load’ menus is working fine).

So there seem to be two problems:
The addition of a new PMU in an output stream is not automatically taken over in the OpenPDc which uses this stream; and it no longer seems possible to add new PMUs via the device Wizard.

Using the walk-through process doesn’t work either : the requesting configuration process is going and going on ; then showing the following error message :
“ERROR : Response timeout occurred. Waited 60 seconds for Configuration Frame to arrive.”

Are you seeing the same problem? Is there one or more solutions to correct / work around the problem?

Thanks by advance for any help you could provide,

Regards,

Perhaps the version of PMU Connection Tester you are using is not compatible with the latest version of openPDC. It appears to me that you should probably be using v4.6.1+ of the PMU Connection Tester. It looks like Ritchie posted a v4.6 release candidate which will install v4.6.2. You can find it here.

I have a found a few issues with the release candidate, I am posting some changes in a few hours and will provide a download link today…

I have checked in several fixes for IEEE C37.118-2011 imports, if you would like to try the latest build:
https://gridprotectionalliance.org/NightlyBuilds/openPDC/Beta/Synchrophasor.Installs.zip

Hello,
Thank you for your quick replies.

I’ve updated PMU Connection Tester with the 4.6.2 version (I was on 4.5.5), then generate new .pmuCapture and .xml configuration files. The .pmuCapture is strictly the same as the previous one ; but the .xml introduce several significant changes.
I then tried to import those new files in the 2.9.8.0 to test it and it failed with a new error : “Index was outside the bound of the array”.
I then updated OpenPDC to the 2.9.14.0 and tried again : everything solved. I was able to import the new PMU to the database.

Once again, thank you very much for your responsiveness and efficiency in solving this problem.

Regards

Thanks so much for your testing! We will publish a new release candidate next week.